If you’re looking for an air conditioning system that will cool down your home but aren’t sure what it is or how it works, then this post is for you. We’ll be walking through the basics of an HVAC System and how it works so, you can make an informed decision about which one to invest in.
What is an HVAC System?
An HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system is a home appliance that provides your family with comfort throughout the year. It can also help to dehumidify and circulate the air in your home. An HVAC system helps you control both hot and cold weather conditions inside your home by removing humidity from the ambient air and distributing it via ducts throughout your home. As your system circulates the ambient air through your home, it also warms or cools that air to achieve optimum comfort levels for you and your family members.
How does it work?
Inside your home, an HVAC system has a number of components and appliances that help to achieve your desired comfort levels. These components include
1) A condenser unit usually located on the outside of your house houses the compressor and fan units. The condenser receives cooled refrigerant gas from inside the house and reheats it into a warm gaseous state through the condenser coils. The heated gas is then routed to the indoor evaporator unit, which distributes it throughout your home via ducts.
2) An evaporator coil inside your air handler or furnace which absorbs the heat from the warm refrigerant gas, cooling it down into a liquid form through contact with the coils. The cold liquid refrigerant is then routed outdoors to the condenser, where it is reheated into a warm gaseous state and distributed throughout your home via ducts.
3) A thermostat that provides you with control over your comfort levels by helping you to set specific temperature preferences for different times of day or night. This allows your system to adjust itself automatically throughout the day.
An HVAC system works through the process of heat exchange inside your home. This is how it does its job of either heating up or cooling down the ambient air in your home as required to achieve targeted temperature levels. As already discussed above, an HVAC system consists of a number of components that all work together as a team for this purpose.
Learn more: How Long Does an HVAC System Last?
Benefits of an HVAC system:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality
- Reduced Heating and Cooling Costs
- Longer system lifespan
- Improved Home Value
HVAC systems rely on a series of fans and motors to push air around inside your home or office. The system’s efficiency is based largely on the quality of its components, which can be damaged by dirt accumulation, improper installation, neglect for maintenance needs, etc. This means that it’s important not only to choose a contractor for HVAC in Atlanta you can trust but also one who will maintain your system regularly so that it runs at peak performance throughout the year!